Note: Much of the history of the Richmond Public Schools was recorded in the context of a segregated society, and the reader should readily discern between pre- and post-desegregation observations. The terms "black," "colored," "Negro," and "white" in this booklet should not be considered offensive as they have been used according to the custom of the particular period. Since 1962, the division has omitted such racial designations from its reports and publications.
5407 Leonard Street
Acquired from Henrico County by annexation in 1942, this tworoom frame school was named for the community in which it was located.
Westwood School was closed in June 1948, and the pupils were transferred to Moore (Carver) School with transportation provided by the School Board.
1947-1948 41 (final)
1942-1948 Sara G. Fields Holmes