RPS Draft School Year 2019-2020 Calendar
Thank you for your feedback on the 2019-20 calendar! The updated draft includes the following changes:
- Reintroduction of half-days for dedicated parent/teacher conferences time
- Movement of last day of school to Friday, June 12 for students and Monday, June 15 for teachers (shaving one week off Draft 1)
- Addition of Election Day as a day off for students and staff instead of Veteran’s Day
- Maintenance of current summer schedule (Fridays off)
- Maintenance of 12-month employees following the same leave schedule, regardless of work location
Item for consideration:
- The REA has requested that January 27, 2020 be a day off, as that is the 2020 VEA Lobbying Day. The Administration would very much like to take this step, but wants to note that doing so will require the addition of one student day to the end of the year. That would make Monday, June 15 the last day for students and Tuesday, June 16 the last day for teachers.
- Public commentary via RPS website (March 19 – April 7)
- School Board vote on final draft (April 8)
Use our translation toggle on the upper right to translate this to your prefered language.