- Linwood Holton Elementary School
Greetings Linwood Holton Elementary Family,
I am excited to welcome you the start of the 2018-2019 school year! The staff and I are committed to working persistently to foster an environment that promotes a learning community characterized by; child-centered instruction, academic excellence, and continued community involvement. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children achieve at their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and the school. We know a strong partnership with you; will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we are agreeing to do what is in the best interest of our children and work collaboratively throughout the year. We are asking that you guide and support your child’s learning by helping to ensure that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time
- Reads daily to help develop a love for reading and improve literacy skills
- Keep lines of communication open, by discussing activities and events daily
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
Again, welcome to the start of what is sure to be an amazing year!
Your partner is education,
Nikea Hurt, Ed. D.