Back to School
Dear RPS Family,
Welcome back! As we emerge from nearly three years of the pandemic, I’ve never been more optimistic about our future. Our students and teachers made enormous strides last year – despite the many challenges they faced – and I’m confident we’ll continue to build on those successes in 2023. Why? Because over the past several years I’ve seen truly heroic examples in RPS of what it means to Teach, Lead, and Serve with Love. As it’s written: “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
Attached to this letter is our 2022-23 Family Checklist. It includes everything you need to know and do for the upcoming school year. It’s also available on our website at rvaschools.net. Please complete each item that applies to your family prior to the start of school on August 29.
As always, communication between our schools and families remains the key to our success. Towards that end, I want to highlight some of the best ways to stay connected with RPS:
RPS Direct – Visit www.rvaschools.net/rps-direct-newsletter to subscribe to my daily email!
Remind Messaging – Visit www.rvaschools.net/remind to sign up for our text messaging system, which provides critical updates about your school and the division.
Social Media – Follow us on Instagram @rvaschools or like us on Facebook @richmondpublicschools to get a daily boost of inspiration about RPS students and teachers.
Superintendent’s Advisory Councils – If you’re interested in serving on my Student, Parent/Caregiver, Teacher, or Interfaith Advisory Council, please reach out here. Participating in these groups is a great way to learn more about what’s happening at RPS and help shape the decisions we make.
I can’t wait to see everyone starting on August 29! It’s going to be an exciting year of growth and renewal!
With great appreciation,
- 2022-23 School Year Calendar
- After-School Care
- Bell Schedule
- Bus Stops
- Eating Disorder Information (Spanish)
- Family Access to Medical Insurance Security (FAMIS) (Spanish)
- Family Checklist (PDF in English and Spanish)
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Notice (Spanish)
- Health History Information Form (PDF in English and Spanish)
- Internet Safety (Spanish)
- Media Release Opt-out (Spanish)
- Notification of Hearing and Vision Screenings (PDF in English and Spanish)
- Notification of Safety Drills (Spanish)
- Parental Responsibility and Involvement & Acknowledgement of Review of the Student Code Of Responsible Ethics (SCORE) (Spanish)
- Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA) Notice (Spanish)
- Pupil Transportation Procedures (Spanish)
- Remind for Families (Spanish)
- Required School Immunizations
- Scoliosis Fact Sheet (Spanish)
- Technology Use Agreement (Spanish)
Call the Family Support Line at (804) 780-6195 if you need further assistance!