George Wythe Reimagined
On Tuesday, December 6, 2022, students, alumni, parents and community members gathered to vote on interior design options and brainstorm ways to preserve the important history of George Wythe HS in the new building. Stream the meeting to catch up on the discussion, and please share your feedback via the survey.
We're thrilled to kick-off Phase 2 of George Wythe Reimagined! Phase 2 is the design phase of the physical space. We'll hold a series of community meetings in partnership with RRMM Architects, a Steering Committee, and an Engagement Committee.
During the August 15, 2022 School Board meeting, a new design for George Wythe was presented and approved! The new George Wythe will feature Elevation 3A and contain a hybrid option of a Welcome Center and Clinic. Click here to view more details about the approved design.
Wythe Reimagined Engagement Goals
- George Wythe students, families, staff, and community members receive timely and up-to-date information on the new school design and planning process.
- A diverse group of stakeholders are engaged and know how to share their opinions and ideas.
- Extensive feedback is provided to help determine the Passion4Learning theme: Arts or STEM.
- Extensive feedback is provided to determine exactly what the designated “community space” should be (e.g., community health clinic, satellite Welcome Center, etc.).
- Extensive feedback is provided regarding other design elements (“look” of the school, specific layout adjustments to the prototype, etc.).