River City Middle School Rezoning
Rezoning Engagement Goals
- Community members living in the impacted communities receive timely and up-to-date information on the rezoning process.
- Community members living in the impacted communities understand the rezoning process and how it will impact their children.
- Community members living in the impacted communities know how to share their opinions and ideas with the School Board.
- Key community partners and leaders are engaged to encourage community participation.
- A diverse rezoning committee is formed to provide recommendations and feedback to the School Board based on community engagement.
Rezoning Committee Meeting Schedule
The Rezoning Committee is composed of a diverse group of stakeholders to include parents, students, principals, staff, and community members. Committee members were selected through an open application process.
All meetings will be streamed and available at the RPS YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/RichmondPublicSchools. Spanish translation will be available via Zoom.
Past Presentation Links
February 9th, 2022 - View Materials (View in Spanish)
February 23rd, 2022 - View Presentation & Supplemental Materials (View in Spanish)
March 16th, 2022 - View Presentation
March 22nd, 2022 - View Presentation
March 30th, 2022 - View Presentation (View in Spanish)
June 7th, 2022 - View Presentation (View in Spanish)
Rezoning Community Meeting Schedule
Interested community members can learn more about the rezoning process, ask questions, and provide feedback for the committee at community meetings that will be held in locations across the impacted area. The community meeting schedule has ended. If you have questions or want more information on rezoning, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community meetings were co-facilitated by trusted community partners who work collaboratively with RPS staff to bring impacted families together.