Grants Management and Compliance monitors spending practices to ensure that all expenditures are allowable and aligned with the parameters of approved local, state, and federal grants.
The Grants Management and Compliance team works collaboratively with RPS staff and the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) to foster the execution of federal, state and locally awarded grants. This collaboration between the Local Education Agency (LEA) and the State Education Agency (SEA) supports the timely submission of reports and required documentation to strengthen the compliance and monitoring efforts of Richmond Public Schools.
Below are some of the responsibilities of the Grants Management and Compliance Team:
- Train applicable stakeholders on grant development
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for pre and post grant award phases
- Track grant balances, maintains records and corresponds with stakeholders via various modalities
- Obtain competitive and formula-based grants from federal, local, and state agencies
- Monitor the implementation and expenditure of awarded funds to ensure compliance with state, local and federal parameters of the secured grant.
To learn more, review the OGMC Standard Operating Procedures Handbook (.pdf).
ARP & ESSER
The purpose of the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) III Fund is to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impacts of COVID-19 on the nation’s students by addressing students’ academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs. Richmond City Public Schools has been awarded $122,811,024.85 in ESSER III funds.