Welcome to the page for all things Enrollment! This is the hub for all enrollment, school application, and registration services. Explore the links below and to the left to learn more about our enrolling your student in RPS and our other related services.
- (NEW!) We're excited to share a new resource to help you learn about all of the amazing things happening in Richmond Public Schools. Visit the Virtual School Fair to as you consider your school application options for school year 2021-2022, if you’re new to Richmond, are moving within the City and your zone school is changing, or if you’re considering an application in the future.
- New student enrollment (preschool, kindergarten, and new-to-RPS students from all other grades) is now open for the current school year (school year 2020-2021). Visit the Enroll RPS portal to complete the enrollment process.
If you need additional assistance or have questions, please reach out to our Enroll RPS team by emailing email@example.com or calling our Family Support Line at 804-780-6195.
Virtual Information and Technical Support Sessions
Richmond Public Schools will host four virtual information and technical support sessions. Each session will review the overall application process for all school types, include a demonstration of the Enroll RPS portal and presentations from each RPS specialty school.
Content will be the same for each session, and a recording will be available for on-demand viewing after the first session. No RSVP is required, and we look forward to meeting with you. Click the link below to register. All sessions will cover the same content.
- October 26, 2020 (5:30 - 7:00PM)
- October 28, 2020 (4:30 - 6:00PM)
- November 5, 2020 (5:30 - 7:00PM)
- November 19, 2020 (5:30 - 7:00PM)
Specialty schools offer unique programs and instructional settings to support students’ learning needs. These schools include Franklin Military Academy, Open High School, Richmond Community High School, and the IB Diploma Programme at Thomas Jefferson High School.
The Virginia Department of Education, in conjunction with localities, sponsors regional Governor's Schools that serve high school students during the academic year. RPS students may apply to attend the Maggie L. Walker Governor's School for Government & International Studies and the Appomattox Regional Governor's School for Arts & Technology.